My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

ATTENTION: Print some of my Blogs up for your children, tell them to take them to school and have their teacher read them aloud to the whole class. To read some of my longer stories click on “VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE” at the end of this message then under My Blogs Click On “Red Burtts Storys". Save it if you wish in your favorites, I may be writing about you someday. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ E-Mail Me At redburtt@yahoo.com

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

~Logs~

Do you know what a "Log" is, it is a tree that has been cut down, (Al "Crazy" Gore) refuses to say they have been cut down, he says, "they have been murdered"

My wife, when riding next to me in the car, just sits, she looks straight ahead, she doesn't say much, she mumbles a lot to herself, I can never hear what she is mumbling about, there are times that I will make an intelligent observation or a witty statement and all she will say is "yeah".

Sometimes when we are out we will park somewhere and just look around, today we were parked in a big puddle in a dirt lot, we were looking at a combination car wash and convenient store.

Suddenly I noticed a logging truck approaching, it was loaded with Logs.

A few years back I used to go down to the local gas station, they don't sell gas there, we just used to sit there in lawn chairs and watch traffic and talk dirty, whenever a Logging truck would pass one of the "locals" would spit and then say, "there goes a load of pine", the others would say "yeah", well it didn't take me long to get onto this, as soon as somebody said, "there goes a load of pine" I would spit and say "yeah".

We didn't have many logging trucks driving through Central Square in Cambridge Mass.

Well today as my wife and I were watching this car wash and I saw a Logging truck approaching, I thought to myself, "I think I'll show my wife that I know a thing or two about the Logging business", "she will undoubtably be very impressed" as the truck passed, I said with a loud clear voice, "THERE GOES A LOAD OF PINE", my wife didn't bat an eye, she looked straight at the car wash and said "Who Gives A Shit".

If you like Al Gore, "Be Kind To Your Log"

Author: Red Burtt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home