My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

ATTENTION: Print some of my Blogs up for your children, tell them to take them to school and have their teacher read them aloud to the whole class. To read some of my longer stories click on “VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE” at the end of this message then under My Blogs Click On “Red Burtts Storys". Save it if you wish in your favorites, I may be writing about you someday. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ E-Mail Me At redburtt@yahoo.com

Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Feeble Minded Among Us

This week I think I will Blog about Old, “Old People”. Many young people don’t understand old people; the reason for this is that “Young People” have never been “Old People”, YET.

Old people no longer enjoy many of the things they enjoyed when they were young people, “skate boarding, water skiing, sex” just to name a few.

Old people don’t or can’t think like they did when they were young people; their brains and body are older and have been used more than the younger person.

TIME DETERIATES THE BRAIN AND BODY, memory and reflex are no longer what they used to be, some of us old folks have been known to take a trip to Wal-Mart and instead of parking in the “Handicap Spot” we drive our vehicle right through the Front Window.

Some of us have been known to get out of bed in the morning, go to the bathroom, urinate in the wastebasket, flush the toilet, return to the bedroom, put on a clean shirt and a tie, then our shoes and socks, walk into the kitchen where there is a room full of people and you don’t have any pants or underwear on. The kids all laugh, the grownups leave.

We forget our own phone number, we get a bill from a credit card company, then a month later you get a call from the “credit card leg breakers” saying you didn’t pay the bill, you tell them they are a bunch of scum bag ass holes and that you mailed that in weeks ago. That night you go to bed at 7:30, you feel something strange in your bed, you get up and throw the covers off, you see some paper, it’s the credit card bill.

Things aren’t what they used to be, by God.

Below is the fairy tale world that some “whipper snappers” think the old folks should live in.
“Oh I love the Golden Years, oh I would never want to be thirty again, lets go down to the “Rec Hall” and have a Martini, then we can all sing “Heart Of My Heart” “Honey can you see my diapers through my Polyester shorts” “Oh Jesus, I can’t find my teeth”

Now, “THE REAL WORLD”
“Honey”
“What”
“I might drop dead today”

Young People think Old people should think like Young People, "We Don't"

Coming Up Next Week:
How young people cope with the elderly.
Also:
How the Eskimos do it.

Author: Red Burtt

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hardy,

Does your wife read the crap you post?

She must be a saint.

Speck

7:47 PM  
Blogger Red Burtt said...

NEVER (lol)

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home