My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

ATTENTION: Print some of my Blogs up for your children, tell them to take them to school and have their teacher read them aloud to the whole class. To read some of my longer stories click on “VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE” at the end of this message then under My Blogs Click On “Red Burtts Storys". Save it if you wish in your favorites, I may be writing about you someday. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ E-Mail Me At redburtt@yahoo.com

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Crabmeat

Crabmeat:
The Year 1938-The Place Westport Island Maine:
Let me tell you by God, there is nothing in this whole world to equal the feeling and the pleasure of riding in the open Rumble Seat of a 1929 Ford on a late summer day up a dirt road, on an Island off the coast of Maine with the aroma of the ocean, wild flowers and blueberry fields filling the air.
To make this experience last a lifetime though, you have to be eating a fresh Maine Crabmeat sandwich, made by your Grandmother. (with crabs from your own traps)
A thirteen old boy will remember this until the day he dies, and maybe beyond??

(This takes place on your trip back to the crowded tenement house in the city of Cambridge Massachusetts where you will live, shiver and be hungry until the following summer) The great depression of the nineteen thirties was a “Bitch” let me tell you.

I remember
Red Burtt

1 Comments:

Blogger Red Burtt said...

May the Canadian Maple Leaf bless the Cape Of Cod.

"I hear that train a coming, it's rolling around the bend"

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home