My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

ATTENTION: Print some of my Blogs up for your children, tell them to take them to school and have their teacher read them aloud to the whole class. To read some of my longer stories click on “VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE” at the end of this message then under My Blogs Click On “Red Burtts Storys". Save it if you wish in your favorites, I may be writing about you someday. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ E-Mail Me At redburtt@yahoo.com

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Outhouse

I wonder if there are any outhouses left in the state of Maine. When I was a young boy I spent all my summers at my Grandmothers home on Westport Island on the coast of Maine.
We had a beautiful outhouse located just beyond an apple orchard about 300 ft from the house.
This was a "Two Seater", I have never heard of two people using an outhouse together, but I suppose if you had to you had to, LOL.
There was always two current catalogs beside the hole, one was a Sears & Roebuck (whatever happened to Roebuck) the other was a Montgomery Ward, my Grandmother would also put the latest "Life Magazine" out there (it came in the mail). I liked the catalogs, I used to go through the "ladies underwear" section.
Also, every summer that I can remember, up in the corner of the ceiling there was a large "Spider Web" I used to sit and watch as this huge spider would slowly climb down to the center of his web and chew a Flys head off.
I had many happy moments in that old outhouse. My wife says "I have a strange mind"

2 Comments:

Blogger rmacapobre said...

maine was breathtaking. i visited york last year. i liked the lighthouses, the food, and the accent.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Red Burtt said...

rmacapobre said...
maine was breathtaking. i visited york last year. i liked the lighthouses, the food, and the accent.
----------------------------------------------------------------
YOU SHOULD SEE SOME OF THE OUTHOUSES, WAY DEEP IN THE FOREST
Red Burtt.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home